The Day Medicine Chose Me

The day Medicine Chose me
According to people you choose your career but when you look back, you see the opposite.

MBBS or medicine (Whatever you name it, I will call it medicine) is a field where you learn to heal the suffering and the ill with your knowledge and expertise.

This is a story of an average boy with some average marks and with an average idea of chosing a career as great as medicine. You can imagine my level of averageness by the fact that I spent my whole intermediate/high school without even knowing that there was a test for becoming a doctor. All I know was to get brilliant FSc marks (which eventually were also average) and also spend my college life well.

I also belong to those species of students who get to hear (Life will be a bed of roses after this)

Beta yeh krlo, agay mazy hain

 Why we always fall for this? Anyways, I managed to clear my FSc with the notion that agay mazay he mazay hain. I never acknowledged the audacity of the impending trial. It was my entrance exam for Medicine. I prepared for it from an academy. It was an average preparation on my behalf. When the result came out, likewise my score was also average and not upto the mark. So how did I ended up in medicine? Let me stop you here for a second and explain the why.

Getting into medicine is not a Piece of Cake

If it were that simple, easy and rewarding everyone in the world would have been a doctor.

Uptill now in my 4rth year of medical education, I have realized that this field is not a piece of cake, not simple and not a degree to get rich. Before my first attempt I was of the opposite mindset. If the field is not easy how can someone think he will get into it that easily. You need to compete. It's natural selection. Only the fittest survives. I needed to realise this and luckily I did.

With an average effort you cannot get into medicine


I didn't give up!

You need to have a history of failure/s to get into medicine

Failure is the best teacher. Whenever I reflect upon my situation years back, I acknowledge that it was the failures that helped me get into medicine. Failure teaches you to make yourself better. A toddler cannot walk, if he continues to fail. He tries a number of times and eventually walk. The point is the failures strength a habit of not giving up. Every time you achieve a goal that habit becomes stronger. Luckily I had this realization at the time after my first attempt. So I didn't give up and prepared for the second attempt.

The hardest side of failing a competitive exam

Well, I had to face the music of my failure. Like everyone, I also used to hear the talk of me being discussed that I couldn't make it. Anyways, I took it as a motivation. Now I had something to prove. I had to prove the people wrong. Taking this as a motivation was a booster in my preparation for the second attempt. Whenever I felt low, I remembered what I have heard. This helped me to get where I am today. 

You need to take your failures as Positive motivation


I did it!

My result came out. With my heart throbbing, I checked it. It happened! Magic! I got what I aimed for(whatever you name it).

After all the interview stuff, First I got into Khyber College of Dentistry (KCD), Later I was shifted to Nowshera medical college, Nowshera(NMCN)

The career chooses you!

With the above discussion in mind, I want to conclude that all careers not just medicine have its own set of requirements. If you fulfill them, you will be there sooner or later.

You are free to comment but spam comments will be deleted.

Post a Comment

You are free to comment but spam comments will be deleted.

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post